1. Under Section 122 of the Transfer of Property Act, a Gift is the transfer of certain existing movable or immovable property made voluntarily and without consideration by one person called the Donor to another person called Donee and accepted by or on behalf of the Donee.
2. Under Section 122 of the Transfer of Property Act, a Gift is the transfer of certain existing movable or immovable property made voluntarily and without consideration by one person called the Donor to another person called Donee and accepted by or on behalf of the Donee.
3. In the case of a conveyance, an immovable property is conveyed by the vendor to the purchaser on the payment of the price of that property. Therefore normally the consideration is money only, however, in the case of a gift the consideration is natural to the love and affection that the donor bears towards the Donee.
4. The gift be accepted by the Donee and unless the Donee is ready and willing to accept the gift, if made out to him by the Donor there can be no valid transfer of the property gifted.
5. The Donor can make a gift of his property only if he holds and owns the same by way of self-acquisition and the property should be self-acquired one. No gift can be made in respect of ancestral properties.
GIFT DEED – PLOT OF LAND IN FAVOUR OF A SOCIETY
THIS DEED OF GIFT was made at Pune on this 16th day of September 2022
Shri Karan Mohit Jain, age 50 years, occupation civil engineer, resident of Krupa villa, 120 Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014, hereinafter called the DONOR, (which expression shall, unless repugnant to the context, mean and include his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns) of the One Part.
Four Paws Charitable Society, a registered society having its office at 177 Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014, acting through its Chairman, Shri Vishal Ram Desai, age 27 years, occupation social worker, the resident of 176 Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014, hereinafter called the DONEE, (which the expression shall, unless repugnant to the context, mean and include the said society, its present and future members, office bearers, executors, administrators and assigns) of the Other Part.
WHEREAS the property bearing Final Plot No. 333, of the Samant Village Mundwa, Taluka Haveli, District Pune, described in further detail in the schedule hereunder, is owned and possessed by the present Donor;
AND WHEREAS the present Donee is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and is running a Veterinary Clinic at Final Plot No. 332 of the Samant Village Mundwa, Taluka Haveli, District Pune;
AND WHEREAS the Donee had expressed its desire to establish and run a charitable animal shelter in the nearby area where the said property of the Donor is situated;
AND WHEREAS the Donee was in search of and looking for some Donor who can donate a the convenient plot of land for such purpose;
AND WHEREAS fortunately, the Donor is the owner of the plot of land just adjacent to the said Veterinary Clinic run by the said society;
AND WHEREAS the intention of the Donee is to run, finance and manage a charitable animal shelter for providing service to the needy and helpless animals residing in the nearby locality;
AND WHEREAS the object and thinking on the part of the Donee is very high for the general public those who intend to help such animals;
AND WHEREAS the Donor has decided to gift and donate the said plot of land to the Donee for the purpose of constructing thereon a single-storied building for providing such service on charitable basis;
NOW, THIS DEED WITNESSES as follows:
1. That the Donor does hereby make a gift and transfer and convey unto the Donee out of natural love and affection the property bearing Final Plot No. 332 of the Samant Village Mundwa, Taluka Haveli, District Pune, described in further detail in the schedule hereunder TO HAVE AND TO HOLD absolutely and FOREVER as the owner thereof.
2. That the Donee society hereby accepts the said gift made out to it by the Donor.
3. That the Donee shall get its name entered in the record of rights in respect of the said property and then carry out the construction of a new single-storied building for running the proposed animal shelter for serving the needy and helpless animals.
4. That the Donor has transferred the said plot of land and has conveyed the same in favour of the Donee society today.
5. That the Donee has already passed the necessary resolution in the meeting of its committee of management and accepted the gift, said gift made out to it by the Donor.
6. That the Donor has today delivered the possession of the said plot of land unto the Donee immediately on the execution of this deed of gift.
7. That the Donor does hereby declare that the said gift hereby made is revocable and it has been made without consideration or reservation of any kind of benefit in favour of the Donor.
8. That the Donee shall be the exclusive and absolute owner of the said property and the same shall henceforth be used by the Donee for the above-mentioned purpose.
THE SCHEDULE OF THE PROPERTY ABOVE REFERRED TO
All that piece and parcel of land situate within the Registration Division and District Pune, Sub- Division and Taluka Haveli within the local limits of the Pune Municipal Corporation, Samant Village Mundwa, bearing Final Plot No. 332, admeasuring 9,000 sq.ft or thereabouts and bounded by as follows:
On or towards the East – Final Plot No. 334,
On or towards the South – Final Plot No. 337,
On or towards the West – Final Plot No. 339, and
On or towards the North – Public Road
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have signed hereunder at Pune the date first above mentioned.
[Karan Mohit Jain]
[Vishal Ram Desai]
Four Paws Charitable Society, Pune.
1 Lalit Gautam Soni.
Flat No. 302 Brahma Suncity, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014.
2 Jay Mohan Shetty.
Flat No. L206 Belmac Residency, Koregaon Park, Pune 411014.