Employees are seldom aware of their rights, this is one the main cause of their exploitation by their employers.
Delayed or non-payment of salary, wrongful termination etc. are some of the problems faced by the employees.
In case of delayed or non-payment of salary, the employee can send a legal notice to his employer and claim the money due to him for the services rendered.
Sample legal notice to the employer for non-payment of salary:
To, Dated: 15/02/2022
Niles Private Limited
Through its Director
Mr. Ramesh Raj
Under instruction and on behalf of my client Mr. Pranav Sinha , S/o Ajit Sinha ,R/o Pune, Maharashtra I do hereby serve you with the following notice:
- That my client was appointed by your offer letter dated 21st January 2021 and the salary of my client was fixed at Rs. 50,000 /- per month. (Statement of facts.)
- You issued the offer letter in the name of my client and also gave him an Identity card.
- That my client did his duty regularly and with utmost punctuality.
- That on 4th February, 2022 when my client went to do his duty that time your office abruptly refused to allow my client to do his duty. You told my client his services are no longer required. Thus you terminated the services of my client without any reasonable cause. At the time of termination of the services of my client, you did not pay the salary for the month of January and 15 days salary for the month of December which comes to Rs. 33,000/-.
- That my client visited your office from time to time and spent a huge amount of Rs. 2000/- on the charges of travelling but you refused to pay. Lastly on 10th February, 2022 you clearly refused to pay the salary of Rs.33,000/- to my client along with travelling charges. You also did not pay the amount of bonus and other service benefits which amounts to Rs. 27,000/-. (Cause of action.)
I, therefore, call upon you through this Notice, to make the payment of the Rs. 80,000/- to my client along with interest up to date, within 15 days. (Relief claimed and a time period provided.)
In case you fail to do so, my client has given clear instructions to me to file criminal as well as Civil Suit and Suit for Recovery in the competent court of law and in that event you will be fully responsible for all costs, risks, responsibilities, expenses and consequences thereof. (Legal basis.)
A copy of this Notice is kept in my office for record and further necessary action and you are also advised to keep the copy safe as you would be asked to produce in court.